Kevin did it! He completed the Olympic distance Cap Tex Tri last weekend. He is incredible. I am so proud of him. Not only for completing the triathlon but also for being a member of Team in Training and raising over $3000 dollars to help those with lymphoma and leukemia. The Team in Training members that competed in just this event raised over $900,000. Thanks to all who donated.
The triathlon was in Austin. Kevin swam a mile in Town Lake, biked 25 miles on a four loop course that went around the capital and then ran a 10k that was a two loop. So we were able to see him a lot during the race. Unfortunately it was incredibly hot and humid. Each time he went by on his bike I could see the sweat just pouring off the end of his nose. I think he had some dehydration issues. He had goose bumps the whole time he was running on black top in 100 degree weather. I was so glad to see him finish!! We are so proud of him.
1 comment:
congrats to kevin. and looking good!
Post a Comment