We had an awesome time over the weekend down at South Padre Island. A couple from church has a condo down there that they let us use for two nights. The boys had so much fun. They are awesome swimmers. They stayed in the ocean as much as we would let them. They loved to ride the waves on the boogie boards. They did not let the salt water slow them down at all. We almost felt like it was wrong to have a 3 year old out boogie boarding with floaties. But he loved it so we let him. Quin has learned to swim without floaties this summer, but I am not that bad of a parent to send him out in the waves without them. I also felt kinda like a bad parent for having a four month old at the hot beach for 2 days. But as you can see I had him in the shade the whole time. The weather was actually really nice. Me being a worrier keep thinking some one would tell it was too hot to have a baby out all day. So it made me nervous when the beach police pulled up to talk to me. All they asked was where I got my cool tent and if came in other animals shapes. Why do I worry so much about stupid things? We were all sad to say good bye forever to Texas beaches and left wondering why we didn't come down more.
Friday, August 22, 2008
South Padre Island 2008
We had an awesome time over the weekend down at South Padre Island. A couple from church has a condo down there that they let us use for two nights. The boys had so much fun. They are awesome swimmers. They stayed in the ocean as much as we would let them. They loved to ride the waves on the boogie boards. They did not let the salt water slow them down at all. We almost felt like it was wrong to have a 3 year old out boogie boarding with floaties. But he loved it so we let him. Quin has learned to swim without floaties this summer, but I am not that bad of a parent to send him out in the waves without them. I also felt kinda like a bad parent for having a four month old at the hot beach for 2 days. But as you can see I had him in the shade the whole time. The weather was actually really nice. Me being a worrier keep thinking some one would tell it was too hot to have a baby out all day. So it made me nervous when the beach police pulled up to talk to me. All they asked was where I got my cool tent and if came in other animals shapes. Why do I worry so much about stupid things? We were all sad to say good bye forever to Texas beaches and left wondering why we didn't come down more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks fun! Love the zebra tent, that is living the life.
Love the beach pictures, and Kevin you look goooood in dots!! Love the zebra tent. Boys lets make a plan to put it up in the back yard and pretend we're at the beach. OK? See you soon. Love you all
Post a Comment