
Kale had Spring Break last week, but Kevin didn't (why no spring break for the gainfully employed?? seems like a great idea), but we wanted to do something fun so we took off Friday morning and went down to Arches National Park. Moab, Arches, Zion, Canyonlands, etc. are less than 4 hours from where we live -- truly incredible.




Gotta love these kind of pictures...the boys thought this was the coolest thing in the world. We must have 30 different shots like this with various arches and rock structures. That last one is Kale at double arch.
Our family underneath the most famous arch in the world. There were a ton of people up there, but we got a moment alone with the arch.
The boys with Delicate arch in the background.

Kale and Quin framed by an arch. This is the small arch just before you get to delicate arch.

The boys loved climbing up any rock, canyon, crevasse, etc. that they could find. I was a bit worried about them being scared of the heights or steep drop-offs, but it was just the opposite. I was the one scared as they had no fear at all, and were constantly getting closer to the edges than I wanted them too. They are good little climbers, they could climb to places that I couldn't get to.



Just thought I'd throw this one in, I thought the arch framing the tree looked kinda cool.
I thought this one looked cool, looks like a mushroom cloud.
This video is at sunset, in our campground (Devil's Playground - inside the park). I took this up on one of the fins near our tent. I captured a common moment on this trip, when I would turn around and notice Quin and/or Kale mere inches away from a 30 or 40 foot drop, and the danger never even crossed their mind.
4 comments:
So somehow I missed your last post, but you guys are adorable. I love the "more bars" photo. That made me chuckle. Give your kids five more years and I could be the shortest one in your photo :)
We love Moab/ Arches what a fun way to spend Spring Break!
Grandma should NOT see this video. My heart skipped a few beats. Love all the pictures, we'll have to do this sometime. Pretty sad to have such beauty in your backyard and not take advantage of it.
How fun! We never went to arches when we lived there and I always wished we had. Looks like it was really nice and the boys had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment