Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ode to Sarah

I'm not sure who reads this, but if you do, you already know how awesome Sarah is. I only write on this blog once every couple of years, usually after we have a baby. Paraphrasing Elder Bednar, a public forum should not be the only place that our wife hears an expression of love from her husband. While I don't think this is the only time or place I express that appreciation, I can certainly do better. Having said that, I'm going to do it anyway. Sarah really is incredible. I do tell her that a lot, and I'm not sure she understands that I really mean it. I'm almost constantly in awe at what she gets done. When she puts her mind to something she just does it, and she never ever complains. I think I complain enough for the both of us, so it all works out. I guess it manifests itself to me especially when she goes through the labor and delivery process. It's not easy on her for sure, but she never complains about it, never whines about how hard it is, she just goes about it with a "git er' done" attitude. I feel bad that she has to go through the rest of her life as the only girl, stuck with 5 other boys. I guess that's my fault to some degree. I guess this is the end of the Ode, just wanted to say that Sarah is awesome, and I'm a lucky guy.

2 comments:

renee' said...

Wow, that's quite the entry. I'm hoping Kevin wrote this. ;)

Dan and Hillary Ross said...

Amen Brotha! I think I love her almost as much as you do.